At last! 2016 is almost over and we can heave a sigh of relief already…or not. 2016 has been a very stressful year for me (and I assume I am not alone in this, hehehe). Actually from the start until the end of the year, 2016 never fails to stress me out. Hahaha. Good job for being consistent. ^_^
But to be fair, no matter how disturbing and upsetting 2016 was, it still brought me something new and exciting that are still worth looking back to. So…are you ready?
2016 Campaign. It was stressful, fun, tiring but gratifying. I was part of the Team Leni and Team Kiko campaigns for the 2016 elections but the mental stress and sleepless nights are beginning to take its toll on me so I have to decide to drop one campaign to focus on only one candidate. Needless to say, I chose my former boss, Sen.Kiko Pangilinan, believing that I am most needed in his campaign compared to the former. =) Good thing, both VP Leni and Sen. Kiko won so all’s well that ends well. May I just note that by far, this is the MOST STRESSFUL campaign for me. Hahaha!
Digipermed Hair. For those who know me ever since I was a kid, you know that I am not the type of person who’s fond of experimenting with my hair. I’ve been sporting a straight, layered, side swept bangs for as long as I can remember. The only adventurous thing that I tried with my hair was to sport a full bangs last 2008. Hahaha! I’ve always wanted to have a digiperm but I always delay the idea for fear that it won’t look good on me and that my hair will get dry. Heck, I don’t even want to color my hair. Hahaha! But hey, Last January 2, I did the most daring thing (at least for me) to my hair…and i loved it! Until now the bottom part of may hair is still wavy but I intend to cut it already to have my straight hair back. Pondering If I should get a digiperm again despite the fact that it really tends to dry one’s hair. o_O
Sky Diving. Okay, so this is one of my ultimate dreams and I never thought I’d be able to fulfill this long time dream of mine. This is not in my 2016 Blueprint but it happened and I was so overwhelmed. To cut the story short, I booked a ticket to Cebu and paid the fee for the jump. Pricey? Yes! Worth it? Definitely! The highlight of my 2016! =) We originally thought of jumping in Vigan but they ceased their operation that time but it was actually a blessing in disguise because Bantayan Island is such a beauty. Would love to do this again in a heartbeat if I have the money or if someone is willing to pay the jump fee for me. Hahaha.
- Bantayan Island, Cebu. Went in Bantayan for the SkyDive experience and stayed in Kota Beach Resort where the movie “Camp Sawi” was being filmed at the same time we were there. To be fair, the resort was nice and the view was great, especially the sand bar. And if you know me too well, after every campaign, I always go somewhere to de-stress…thus, what better way to do that but to go to the beach and jump off a plane at 10,000 feet. Hehehe. ^_^
- Seoul, South Korea. We’ve been to Busan already last 2013 but haven’t visited Seoul yet, so for 2016, my travel buddies (Liz and Hazel) and I returned to Korea for Autumn. It was actually my plan to go to Seoul late October so I can experience autumn in Nami Island. Hahaha. It was actually a very laid back trip and our itinerary was flexible since the highlight of our trip was just the Nami trip. And oh, I was able to wear a Hanbok too. Cute! =)
- Batanes. This one is actually included in my 2016 Blueprint. I was able to solo travel in my most favorite place in the Philippines. Stayed for 5 days and 4 nights just to relax and BIKE! Oh my god! I so love biking in Batanes. To date, biking from Mahatao Viewdeck to Basco Town Plaza is the longest distance I ever cycled. It feels so liberating biking alone in a beautiful place and reading one of your favorite books in the beach while waiting for the sun to set (imagine dreamy eyes here).
Now, let’s recap my 2016 blueprint and see if I hit my goals
– Get a loan from GSIS to pay my PAGIBIG housing loan in full. ( I did not get a loan from GSIS although I am already qualified because I realized I can just save and do the lump sum without getting a loan from another institution. So I did pay a specific amount but not yet the whole balance.)
– Sink in the bathroom is broken, this needs to be fixed including the rain shower. (Changed the bathroom sink to a new and bigger one but rain shower is still there. Hahaha)
– Travel alone. Domestic or international, I just need to cross this out of my bucket list. (Batanes, bes, Batanes!)
AND FOR MY 2017 BLUEPRINT
– Invest and save
– Buy new bathroom fixtures and accessories
– Go back to the gym
– Paint the house’s exterior (gray and white)
Thank you, 2016! Spotify was right. It’s been weird. Hahaha!
BRING IT ON!